If you’re searching for a durable treadmill that will last, plus one with the option to save space, you’re going to want to read on. This is the Sole F80 review for a treadmill that has these two important qualities, plus a whole lot more. This is a machine for beginners to advanced runners.
Your review will begin with a little about the treadmill, then a list of measurements and important specifications, followed by an overview of these features. The review includes some pros and cons for the F80, a few additional details about the machine, plus some common questions with answers.
About the Sole F80 Treadmill
To begin your Sole F80 review, it needs to be mentioned that this is a space-saving, folding treadmill. It takes up a large amount of space when you’re using it, but it folds up nicely when you’re not.
There are large wheels to easily move the machine around a room. Originally designed to move from one hotel room to another, this feature is equally important to homeowners who want a full-size treadmill but need to save space.
This treadmill has one of the largest running decks available. It’s nearly 3-feet wide and over 6½-feet long. You will feel secure with every stride you take. This is an outstanding machine for ardent runners, those who strive to train regardless of the weather outside.
Since it’s a very stable treadmill, this is a great choice for beginners who aren’t yet comfortable running on a moving deck. A Sole F80 review needs to make it clear that this machine is suitable for any training level, beginner to advanced, competitive runners.
- Incline: Yes, 0 to 15% incline, with rack-and-pinion gears for ultra-smooth operation
- Maximum speed: 12 miles per hour (19.3 kilometers per hour)
- Minimum speed: 0.5 miles per hour (0.8 kilometers per hour)
- Speed increments: 1/10th of a mile per hour increments
- Running surface: Two-ply belt with 35 x 80-inch deck, (running surface = 22 x 60-inches/55.9 x 152.4 centimeters)
- Product dimensions: 85.4 x 37 x 17.3 inches/216.9 x 94 x 43.9 centimeters
- Product weight: 265 pounds/120.2 kilograms
- User weight limit: 375 pounds/ 170.1 kilograms
- Warranty: Lifetime-warranty on the frame, deck, and motor; 5-years on all electronics and parts, plus a 2-year warranty on labor
To appreciate how sturdy the Sole F80 treadmill is, all you need to do is consider the excellent warranty. Not only is the sturdy metal frame warranted for the life of the treadmill, but so are the deck and the motor.
All parts, including electronics are warranted for five years, and Sole will pay for labor costs to repair your machine for the first two years. If you are looking for a treadmill that will hold up and stand the test of rigorous training, this is a solid choice.
When you press the convenient console button to add or reduce the degree of incline, you’ll notice how quiet the rack-and-pinion gear design functions. It’s a smooth shift to different incline levels, so smooth you won’t even need to break stride.
- A thorough Sole F80 review must mention a host of advantages this treadmill offers. One important feature is the diverse number of workout programs. You have six standard, two cardio-focused workouts, plus two custom programs you control yourself.
- The Sole F80 has an MP3 port so you can stream all your favorite music while you workout.
- This is an extremely durable piece of exercise equipment. The durability is supported by a lifetime warranty on the frame, motor, and deck. There is also five years of coverage on the parts and electronics, plus a two-year labor warranty.
- The Sole F80 changes speed slower than some treadmills. As long as you know this, you won’t be surprised if you enjoy manually controlled interval workouts.
- This is a full-size treadmill with an extensive number of features. However, it does cost more than normal entry-level treadmills.
Other Important Details of the Sole F80 Treadmill
You won’t have any problems following your workout progress. There is a large, 9-inch backlit LCD display on the Sole F80. The numbers are huge and easy to read. The display shows your speed, incline, distance, calorie burn and total incline climb.
Sole treadmills use the patented CushionFlex Whisper Deck® Technology. This is one of the best treadmill decks for absorbing impact, dramatically reducing the risk of injury to your joints. A strong, 3½-horsepower CHP motor powers the belt.
To get a visual idea for your Sole F80 review, here is a short video demonstration of the treadmill. You can clearly see how this is a full-size treadmill, with an extra-large tread space. This also will allow you to appreciate the dimensions of the large LCD display.
Common Questions & Answers
Question: One frequent question concerns the extensive warranty. Some owners wondered the standard warranty was enough, or if they should invest an extended warranty.
Answer: The short answer is no. While the time-lapse to get service was average, Sole stood behind various malfunctions, fixing problems and replacing defective parts exactly as per the product warranty.
Question: How much clearance is necessary for a six-foot-tall person to train at full 15% incline?
Answer: Considering that this is a high-profile treadmill, asking about overall height clearance is an excellent question. Using a low, 7-foot ceiling height, a person who is six-feet tall would have two to three inches of head clearance.
However, all high-profile treadmills that have large platforms, should take into account the ceiling height of the room you plan to use them in. The higher the ceiling the better in the room where you plan to use the Sole F80. It is a full-size treadmill.
To summarize your Sole F80 review, this is a treadmill suitable for all fitness levels. It offers excellent stability for first-time users, plus features for the experienced treadmill trainer. If you’ve used the Sole F80 Treadmill, tell us about your experience. In addition, if you think we missed any details, let us know about those as well.
More Treadmills for You to Check: