There are some important things to consider when searching for an elliptical machine, especially if you’re not a tall person. For example, the best elliptical for short person is one with a shorter stride length. If the stride length is too long, you not only won’t be comfortable, but you could injure yourself.
Here are the five best elliptical for short person models. The list includes the all-important stride length, with only stride lengths for shorter individuals included. There is additional product information plus three top features for each elliptical. Your list is in reverse order, ending with the highest rated machine.
Top Ellipticals Treadmills For Short Persons
5. Exerpeutic 1000XL Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical
Best for: Users under 5’7″ tall.
- DESIGN: Natural Elliptical motion eliminates any bouncy movement that other competitive elliptical experience.
- TENSION RESISTANCE: 8 Level magnetic tension resistance adjustments can provide the user with a more challenging workout
- COMPUTER: An easy to read large window LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan and target zone heart rate monitoring.
- TARGET ZONE MONITOR: Pulse pads on the additional stationary handle bars provide heart rate monitoring. Stride length-13 inch
- QUIETNESS: The precision balanced flywheel and V- belt drive provide a smooth and quiet operation. It will not interfere with watching TV or listening to music.
The first choice on your list of the best elliptical for short person models has the shortest stride length. At only 13 inches, the Exerpeutic 1000XL is perfect for even the shortest person. Finally, it’s a small yet sturdy machine that has a user weight capacity of 300 pounds.
- Stride length: 13-inches (33.0 centimeters)
- Incline: No incline option
- Resistance levels: 8 magnetic tension levels
- Product dimensions: 46 x 23 x 11 inches/116.8 x 58.4 x 27.9 centimeters
- Product weight: 88 pounds/39.9 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 300 pounds/136.1 kilograms
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- This is a lightweight machine that has two convenient wheels under the flywheel, so it’s a snap to move around and store.
- You can also use the Exerpeutic 1000XL Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical both forwards and backward to add variety to your workout programs.
- The pedals are extra-large with a non-skid ribbed texture for safety.
4. Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine
Best for: Users under 5’9″.
- 7 Preset programs: 6 profile, 1 quick start
- High speed, high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel for a smooth and quiet workout
- 8 levels of resistance to keep you on your toes
- Large LCD console tracks speed, time, RPM, distance, calories, results and heart rate
- Ergonomically placed grip heart rate monitors
The next best elliptical for short person model carries the respected name of Schwinn. The A40 has a smooth, quiet glide and is an affordable option for first time elliptical users. Moreover, it’s also a battery powered elliptical, so you don’t need electricity to get a good workout.
- Stride length: 17.5-inch stride length (44.4 centimeters)
- Incline: No incline option
- Resistance levels: 8 resistance levels, plus 7 preset workout programs
- Product dimensions: 59 x 23 x 64 inches/149.9 x 58.4 x 162.6 centimeters
- Product weight: 105 pounds/47.6 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 275 pounds/124.7 kilograms
- Warranty: 2-year frame warranty; 6 months on mechanical and electrical components
- The Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine has a large, easy-to-read LCD with all your important workout data clearly visible.
- There are ergonomically placed grip heart rate monitors on each hand grip to keep track of your workout heart rate.
- Schwinn uses a weighted flywheel with a high inertia perimeter, for smooth and quiet operation.
3. EFITMENT Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer
Best for: Shorter users, under 5’9″.
- COMPACT - A small footprint design makes this a space saver and ideal for small rooms, apartments, or anywhere where a tight space is required
- TOTAL BODY WORKOUT - Provides a no impact, smooth flowing workout for your upper and lower body. Perfect for a user who wants all the benefits from running, but is safer on the knees and incorporates more upper body movement for a total body workout
- DIGITAL DISPLAY MONITOR - The LCD monitor displays time, speed, distance, calories burned, pulse rate and scan
- QUIET AND MOBILE - A belt driven flywheel ensures a quiet, smooth and maintenance free workout and the E006 incorporates transportation wheels for easy mobility to move and store away your equipment out of sight
- PULSE RATE MONIOTORING - The hand pulse sensors built into the stationary bars helps to monitor and maintain a steady target heart rate, useful for those who want ultimate cardiovascular endurance, respitory endurance and fat burning
The next choice for the best elliptical for short person, also has a 13-inch stride length. 13 inches is the shortest stride length available on elliptical machines and is suitable for even the shortest user.
- Stride length: 13-inch stride length
- Incline: No incline options
- Resistance levels: 8 levels of magnetic resistance
- Product dimensions: 50 x 23.5 x 62 inches/127 x 59.7 x 157.5 centimeters
- Product weight: 80.5pounds/36.5 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 220pounds/99.8 kilograms
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- The stationary grips have heart rate reading grips that feed directly to the LCD display.
- You can plug your Smartphone into the music port to listen to your favorite tunes while you workout.
- The LCD monitor on the EFITMENT Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer is large, but the numbers are even bigger. This is an easy display to read.
2. SOLE Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
Best for: All users, including shorter persons, 5’7″ and under.
- Elliptical machine provides challenging cardio workout, supported by blue, backlit LDC display that helps you track essential training data
- Adjustable pedals and console and power adjustable stride and incline; 20-to-22-inch maximum stride length; six standard programs, two custom programs, and two heart rate programs
- Pulse grip and chest strap heart rate monitoring; LCD console with 7.5-inch display; front drive system with bBuilt-in fan and 15-inch pedals; includes sound system and water bottle holder
- Measures 27 by 58 by 83 inches (W x H x D), with 230-pound weight and 375-pound weight limit
- Includes the following manufacturer's warranties against defects in materials and workmanship: lifetime on frame; five years on electronics and parts; and two years on labor.Kindly refer the user manual attached below for troubleshooting steps and instructions.
Elliptical machines that have a long stride, up to 20-inches, usually do not work well for shorter persons. However, when they offer adjustable pedals, you can shorten the stride length by making the pedals fit your stride. Finally, this is the most appealing feature of the SOLE E35 Elliptical.
- Stride length: 20-inch standard stride with 15-inch adjustable pedals (minimum stride = 14-inches)
- Incline: 30 incline levels – 0 to 30 degrees
- Resistance levels: 20 resistance levels with 10 standard workout programs
- Product dimensions: 58 x 26.3 x 83 inches/82.3 x 66.8 x 210.8 centimeters
- Product weight: 215 pounds/97.5 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 375 pounds/170.1 kilograms
- Warranty: Lifetime frame warranty; 5-year warranty on electronics and parts, plus 2-years on labor
- Besides having adjustable pedals to accommodate shorter users, the SOLE Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine also has 30 adjustable incline levels to give the most intense workout imaginable.
- There are hand grip heart monitors, but the SOLE E35 also has a chest strap to monitor your target workout heart rate.
- There is a built-in, high-speed workout fan, plus an excellent stereo sound system.
1. HARISON Elliptical Machine
Best for: Users of all heights and workout experience levels.
The final elliptical on your list has the longest stride length but also has oversized pedals so shorter users can actually reduce the stride to around 13-inches. This is such an important feature on larger elliptical machines. Moreover, the HARISON Elliptical Machine received the highest overall customer reviews as well.
- Stride length: 16.5-inch stride with oversized pedals for shorter persons to reduce stride length
- Incline: No incline option
- Resistance levels: 32 resistance levels
- Product dimensions: 65 x 23 x 62 inches/165.1 x 58.4 x 157.5 centimeters
- Product weight: 127pounds/57.6 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 300pounds/136.1 kilograms
- Warranty: 3-year general warranty; 5-year frame warranty, and a lifetime warranty on parts
- The HARISON Elliptical Machine has a high-speed drive system with a 20-pound flywheel, which has an operational decibel rating of under 30 decibels.
- You can have workout options and entertainment choices by attaching your iPad to the display panel. You can enjoy a movie while you stride your way to better health on this elliptical.
- This elliptical machine shows all the basic workout data, plus heart rate recovery and body fat analysis.
Finally, these are the five best elliptical for short person models this year. Each one has a stride length that is perfect for shorter users. There are certain features of each you may find appeal more to your workout needs. If you’ve used any of these machines, let us know about your experience. In addition, tell us if you think there are any elliptical machines that missed the list.
More Treadmills for You to Check: