There are some important things to consider when searching for an elliptical machine, especially if you’re not a tall person. For example, the best elliptical for short person is one with a shorter stride length. If the stride length is too long, you not only won’t be comfortable, but you could injure yourself.
Here are the five best elliptical for short person models. The list includes the all-important stride length, with only stride lengths for shorter individuals included. There is additional product information plus three top features for each elliptical. Your list is in reverse order, ending with the highest rated machine.
Top Ellipticals Treadmills For Short Persons
5. Exerpeutic 1000XL Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical
Best for: Users under 5’7″ tall.
The first choice on your list of the best elliptical for short person models has the shortest stride length. At only 13 inches, the Exerpeutic 1000XL is perfect for even the shortest person. Finally, it’s a small yet sturdy machine that has a user weight capacity of 300 pounds.
- Stride length: 13-inches (33.0 centimeters)
- Incline: No incline option
- Resistance levels: 8 magnetic tension levels
- Product dimensions: 46 x 23 x 11 inches/116.8 x 58.4 x 27.9 centimeters
- Product weight: 88 pounds/39.9 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 300 pounds/136.1 kilograms
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- This is a lightweight machine that has two convenient wheels under the flywheel, so it’s a snap to move around and store.
- You can also use the Exerpeutic 1000XL Heavy Duty Magnetic Elliptical both forwards and backward to add variety to your workout programs.
- The pedals are extra-large with a non-skid ribbed texture for safety.
4. Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine
Best for: Users under 5’9″.
The next best elliptical for short person model carries the respected name of Schwinn. The A40 has a smooth, quiet glide and is an affordable option for first time elliptical users. Moreover, it’s also a battery powered elliptical, so you don’t need electricity to get a good workout.
- Stride length: 17.5-inch stride length (44.4 centimeters)
- Incline: No incline option
- Resistance levels: 8 resistance levels, plus 7 preset workout programs
- Product dimensions: 59 x 23 x 64 inches/149.9 x 58.4 x 162.6 centimeters
- Product weight: 105 pounds/47.6 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 275 pounds/124.7 kilograms
- Warranty: 2-year frame warranty; 6 months on mechanical and electrical components
- The Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine has a large, easy-to-read LCD with all your important workout data clearly visible.
- There are ergonomically placed grip heart rate monitors on each hand grip to keep track of your workout heart rate.
- Schwinn uses a weighted flywheel with a high inertia perimeter, for smooth and quiet operation.
3. EFITMENT Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer
Best for: Shorter users, under 5’9″.
The next choice for the best elliptical for short person, also has a 13-inch stride length. 13 inches is the shortest stride length available on elliptical machines and is suitable for even the shortest user.
- Stride length: 13-inch stride length
- Incline: No incline options
- Resistance levels: 8 levels of magnetic resistance
- Product dimensions: 50 x 23.5 x 62 inches/127 x 59.7 x 157.5 centimeters
- Product weight: 80.5pounds/36.5 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 220pounds/99.8 kilograms
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- The stationary grips have heart rate reading grips that feed directly to the LCD display.
- You can plug your Smartphone into the music port to listen to your favorite tunes while you workout.
- The LCD monitor on the EFITMENT Magnetic Elliptical Machine Trainer is large, but the numbers are even bigger. This is an easy display to read.
2. SOLE Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine
Best for: All users, including shorter persons, 5’7″ and under.
Elliptical machines that have a long stride, up to 20-inches, usually do not work well for shorter persons. However, when they offer adjustable pedals, you can shorten the stride length by making the pedals fit your stride. Finally, this is the most appealing feature of the SOLE E35 Elliptical.
- Stride length: 20-inch standard stride with 15-inch adjustable pedals (minimum stride = 14-inches)
- Incline: 30 incline levels – 0 to 30 degrees
- Resistance levels: 20 resistance levels with 10 standard workout programs
- Product dimensions: 58 x 26.3 x 83 inches/82.3 x 66.8 x 210.8 centimeters
- Product weight: 215 pounds/97.5 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 375 pounds/170.1 kilograms
- Warranty: Lifetime frame warranty; 5-year warranty on electronics and parts, plus 2-years on labor
- Besides having adjustable pedals to accommodate shorter users, the SOLE Fitness E35 Elliptical Machine also has 30 adjustable incline levels to give the most intense workout imaginable.
- There are hand grip heart monitors, but the SOLE E35 also has a chest strap to monitor your target workout heart rate.
- There is a built-in, high-speed workout fan, plus an excellent stereo sound system.
1. HARISON Elliptical Machine
Best for: Users of all heights and workout experience levels.
The final elliptical on your list has the longest stride length but also has oversized pedals so shorter users can actually reduce the stride to around 13-inches. This is such an important feature on larger elliptical machines. Moreover, the HARISON Elliptical Machine received the highest overall customer reviews as well.
- Stride length: 16.5-inch stride with oversized pedals for shorter persons to reduce stride length
- Incline: No incline option
- Resistance levels: 32 resistance levels
- Product dimensions: 65 x 23 x 62 inches/165.1 x 58.4 x 157.5 centimeters
- Product weight: 127pounds/57.6 kilograms
- Maximum user weight limit: 300pounds/136.1 kilograms
- Warranty: 3-year general warranty; 5-year frame warranty, and a lifetime warranty on parts
- The HARISON Elliptical Machine has a high-speed drive system with a 20-pound flywheel, which has an operational decibel rating of under 30 decibels.
- You can have workout options and entertainment choices by attaching your iPad to the display panel. You can enjoy a movie while you stride your way to better health on this elliptical.
- This elliptical machine shows all the basic workout data, plus heart rate recovery and body fat analysis.
Key Factors to Consider Before Purchasing a Short Elliptical
- The ideal stride length of the machine varies for people with different heights. What is suitable for tall people will not be for short people. Choose a machine that comes with a stride length to match your height. For shorter people, the suitable stride length is between 13 inches up to 18 inches. Whereas the best elliptical for tall person, people with a height 5’7 and taller, comes with the need 20 strides or above.
- The best elliptical cross trainer will provide a range of resistance levels. The level of resistance one feels is directly proportional to the amount of fat your body burns. However, always keep your resistance in check cause overdoing it can lead to you getting injured.
- If you are planning to get the best budget elliptical, make sure to purchase the one that lasts longer. These machines are not to be invested again and again, as they are quite costly. So, buying one with a promising life is a wise choice.
Benefits of Including Cardio in your Workout Routine:
- Helps improve the overall health of your heart.
- Reduces excess weight.
- Helps increase lung capacity.
- Bone density gets better and increases.
- Gives a feeling of confidence overall.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is an elliptical ideal for people who want to reduce belly fat?
Cardio workouts are the best way to shed off those extra rolls on your tummy. Intense cardio can be possible on an elliptical bought according to your body requirements. Thus, it is perfectly ideal.
2) Why does my elliptical make squeaky sounds?
Loose or improper setup of the screws may result in your elliptical to squeak. At the time of assembling the machine, make sure to keep the screw tightened and check for any loose ones. Also, do not tighten the screw too much.
Finally, these are the five best elliptical for short person models this year. Each one has a stride length that is perfect for shorter users. There are certain features of each you may find appeal more to your workout needs. If you’ve used any of these machines, let us know about your experience. In addition, tell us if you think there are any elliptical machines that missed the list.
More Treadmills for You to Check: